You may be asking yourself why you would require a wedding planner for a destination wedding when your travel agent takes care of the bookings, and you have an onsite coordinator to manage your event once you arrive to your destination. Your travel agent will in fact take care of all of your booking details, however, a destination wedding planner is there on-hand to ensure your wedding week goes smoothly for you as a wedding couple and your guests.
Read on to find out why you should consider hiring a qualified wedding planner for your big day.
1. The first, most important thing to consider when hiring a destination wedding planner is whether or not you have a connection. Always plan a meeting or phone call before hiring a planner to ensure that you get along, and that they are someone you will want to work with leading up to your wedding day. You are entrusting this person with one of the most important days of your life, so be sure that you connect, and they truly understand your style, vision and relationship.
2. Secondly, ensure that your planner is experienced and has a reputable company. The industry has become oversaturated with wedding planners, yet some do not have the proper business foundations in place to make sure that you will receive all the services and support that you require to plan your big day. Create a list of your specific needs and talk them over with your planner to determine what service package best suits your necessities.
3. Lastly, you want your wedding to be all that you imagined. Be sure to hire a planner that understands your vision and style requirements. They should have ways to help you achieve the look and feel that you desire, while remaining mindful of your budget. They should offer a list of preferred vendors and cost savings options should you require them.
And here are 3 reasons why you should hire a wedding planner for your destination wedding:
1. It takes an average of 150 hours to plan a wedding. This can sometimes double when you are also trying to arrange your guests travel itineraries, managing the shipment of your favours, transportation of your dress, etc. If you work full-time, you realistically do not have this amount of time to commit to properly planning every detail of your wedding. With destination weddings, you must also take into consideration time zone differences, and/or “the island time” mentality. By hiring a planner, you are leaving follow ups, and late night phone calls to them, while you can rest assured that your questions are being answered and your day is being perfectly planned.
2. Your day of and week of itineraries become increasingly important for destination weddings. As most of your guests will not be familiar with the location and flow of destination weddings, additional guidance must be given to ensure that everyone is where they need to be, as well as they are aware of the activities you have planned above and beyond your wedding day. By hiring a professional to create and manage these itineraries, you can rest assured that your week will be stress-free and your guests will have the ultimate experience.
3. Lastly, by hiring a planner, you can ensure that you stay within your budget. A planner will find you numerous alternatives to ensure that all of your needs are met, while remaining mindful of your budget. A planner will have connections both locally and onsite to help with cost savings, or can provide you with alternate solutions to meet your style and budget requirements.